Oh my gosh I’m feeling extra special this week and I could sure use it so I am so grateful to all my blogging buddies. I have received numerous more award acknowledgements since my last award post so I’m doing another post.
I received this very special award from Serena at Savvy Verse & Wit for an award called The Premio Dardos Award. The Prémio Dardos is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web. Serena, I feel truly honored that you feel my blog and I match up to the qualities in this award and I’m truly speechless that I make you proud to be a part of this community. The same is true for me. Your blog is fantastic. Your reviews are so well thought out and interesting along with everything else you do on your blog. You know yours is one of my first visits of everyday! In honor of this award I will strive even harder to bring more good reviews everybody’s way! I’m supposed to award this to 15 people-wow that’s a lot of thinking on my part but I’ll try…If I didn’t pick your blog for it but visit regularly please know that I do think everyone should get this award but these are my picks for now. First, I would totally award it back to Serena of course.
- Nymeth of Things Mean a Lot-she has an amazing way with words and her reviews are the some of the best I read. She also reviews books that I normally wouldn’t read and I love that.
- Ramya’s Bookshelf-Ramya writes really great reviews. They are always indepth with her own personal style woven in. She reads a lot of different books that I wouldn’t normally even find and for that I love to visit.
- Presenting Lenore-my gosh Lenore has such a great blog with great reviews and so many other things and let’s not forget those absolutely awesome pics of Emmy that I love so much!
- ReadingAdventures-Marg is relatively new to me but now that I’ve found her blog she’s stuck with me-lol. She reads and reviews a lot of historical fiction that I may not find on a normal basis and I love discovering them after her great reviews.
- She is Too Fond of Books-Dawn has great reviews along with other great posts and I love the Spotlight on Bookstores that she does.
- J. Kaye’s Book Blog-I know she receives a lot of awards but she deserves them. She brings the blogging community together in so many ways and this year she has her hands full with more than a few challenges-lol. J. Kaye is a wonderful person always willing to help others and her blog is full of so many great posts!
- A Reader’s Respite-Michele’s blog is new to me. I discovered her blog after getting her as my Secret Santa recipient. I’m so glad I did because her reviews are great and a lot of her other posts as well that make us think about things. Diversifying my Bookshelves is another great post she does. She too is now stuck with me-lol.
- Literarily-Shana has an amazing blog full of comprehensive reviews and much more. I always look forward to her Sunday Salon for reviews of her reading and updates and pictures of the family. I’m not sure how she keeps up to it all but she does it well.
- Books ‘N Border Collies-Lezlie’s is one of the first blogs I visited and I’ve kept going ever since. She has great reviews, loves historical fiction, and has some of the cutest furkids going.
- Diary of an Eccentric-Anna has a fabulous blog full of great reviews and lots of other good stuff. She reviews a lot of books again that I wouldn’t normally find and I like being introduced to that new stuff. I also really enjoy news and reviews of The Girl.
- Fizzy Thoughts-I know I just gave you an award the other day but you’re getting another one. Jill has great reviews and other really good posts. She has a quirky sense of humor I love and I like that she brings honesty to her book reviews.
- Giving Reading a Chance-again I know I just gave you an award but you totally deserve this one too. Veens is a joy to the bloggers that know her. She always has a kind word and is so upbeat and friendly. She also has a great blog and I love to read her reviews.
- Maw Books Blog-this is a fantastic blog. Her reviews are amazing as is her bringing together of the blogging community to help others. Again I get introduced to books I may not normally come across on my own and I love that.
- The Literate Housewife-really amazing reviews. I sometimes wish I could write a review with the talent of Jennifer. I enjoy reading them along with other posts that she puts up. Just a really great blog and person!
- Trish’s Reading Nook-she brings us some great books along with great reviews to go with them. You get to read reviews of a lot of books not making the rounds of blogs and I think that’s great. Trish also hosts the Classics Challenge and I think it’s important to bring the classics back into people’s lives (even though I didn’t finish my challenge-lol). Thanks Trish!
Go ahead and join in you all and award this to 15 people you think this award should go too!________________________________________________________
Just as I was going to copy over Anna of Diary of an Eccentric’s address for this post I see that she has graced me with an award. Wow, I am so flattered by all of these awards the last few days that I don’t know what to say. This one is the Lemonade award for blogs with great attitude and/or gratitude. Thanks so much Anna! I truly appreciate it. I’m supposed to pass this to 10 bloggers so here goes…
- Toni at A Circle of Books
- Serena at Savvy Verse & Wit
- Bonnie at Redlady’s Reading Room
- Kathy at Bermudaonion’s Weblog
- Ti at Book Chatter and other stuff
- Mary at Bookfan-Mary
- Wendy at itsJustMe
- Jenn at Jenn’s Bookshelf
- Janel at Janel’s Jumble
- Susan at West of Mars-The Meet and Greet and West of Mars-Win a Book
Gosh, I hate to stop there but I will. These are just some of the blogs I think fit this award. Go ahead and visit these if you never have-they are awesome blogs and awesome ladies and award this one to blogs you think fit the bill!______________________________________________________
I also received The Butterfly Award from my very good friend Toni at A Circle of Books and April at Cafe of Dreams. Both of these ladies are so awesome and have such great blogs that I visit each and every day! Thanks so much to both of you. Honorable mention again to Mary at Bookfan-Mary and Janel at Janel’s Jumble. I did mention them on my last post but I will again because their awards to me came after my original post. Again, awesome ladies and great blogs that I visit all the time so once again thanks ladies. I really appreciate that you all picked me for this award.
And last but not least today I received The Great Buddy Award from Marg at ReadingAdventures. Thanks so much Marg! Marg has a great blog as you can see up above as I awarded her with the Premio Dardos award.
If anyone had told me when I started this blog that so many people would find pleasure in reading it I would have laughed. I am just so grateful for all of my awesome blogging buddies and this great blog I’ve built! Have a great day everyone!
Thanks so much, Dar! I’m flattered because I love your blog.
Dar!! Thank you so much! You’re such a sweety! You totally made my day!:)
Congratulations on all your awards! They are more than deserved, Dar!
And thank you so much for picking me and saying such nice things about me! You put a huge smile on my face.
S. Krishna says
It’s nice to receive awards isn’t it? You deserve all of them too. I really enjoy your blog and you are always so responsive. Makes me feel as if you are right there next to me!
Thanks so much for my Lemonade Award too. Warm fuzzies right back at ya.
Congrats on your awards – I am sure they are well deserved. =)
J. Kaye Oldner says
Thank you so very much! 🙂 And I’ll say it again, it’s so nice to have you back!
Thank you! You are mega sweet and I’m so thrilled you’re my blogger buddy 🙂 Emmy sends a nose-lick (the highest sign of love).
Susan Helene Gottfried says
Wow. I feel like I’m breathing rarified air or something! You — and the other book bloggers you mention in this post — are doing some real hard, important work: helping spread the good word about books.
I’m flattered to be included. Thanks, Dar!
That’s a lot of awards. Congrats! Hope your eye is better.
Dar, you are a gem! Thanks for the award, and you picked some great bloggers to pass the award onto. I just simply ran out of room! I have so many favorite blogs, which is why I have more than 1000 posts to read now that I’ve been sick and taking a hiatus.
Thank you Dar! You deserve all the awards. I am glad you are feeling the love. And thank you in return for the award.
Beth F says
WOW!!!! You deserve every one of them!! Congrats!
Honestly, Dar, you deserve every one of them and you would have had one more but when I went to pick up my award logo you were already on the list for one. So mentally from me, you were a recipient of the Butterfly award.
Oh my gosh! Thanks Dar for the award! It is my very first award! It means so much!
Dar, thank you so much for the Lemonade award. That really means a lot!
So many well-deserved awards for you, Dar! Thanks for passing one on to me as well. Although, is being associated with yucky classics a good thing?? 🙂
Congrats on the awards, Dar! They’re very well-deserved! And I’m so glad to know you! 🙂
Everybody, your welcome and thank you to all who have said such nice things here in the comments too. I’m glad to have brought smiles to your faces.
Emmy-thanks for the nose lick. I know how important those can be.
Trish, the classics aren’t yucky-it depends on the ones you pick. Because I like Jane Austen, that is the direction I’m going next time. I still think they are important to read.
Serena, I’m sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. When I got back after my eye being so bad my google reader was atrocious. I picked a few to answer and that was the best I could and just started over. You should probably do the same. Take care of yourself!
Kaye, I had the same thing happen to me with the Butterfly award. You had already rec’d it. lol. It’s hard to pick bloggers when you like them all.
Red lady-Bonnie says
Thanks so much for the Lemonade Award Dar!! You definitely deserve all of these awards!! Your blog is wonderful as are you. You’re so supportive to other bloggers and your posts and reviews are real, genuine and honest!
LOL–I’m glad you don’t think they’re yucky. I don’t think they’re yucky either, but they sometimes get a bad wrap. 🙂
so many great awards dar, you deserve them 🙂
and you’ve listed some great blogs here too.
Congrats! The awards are well deserved.
And thank you so much for the award. The Girl will be delighted to hear you enjoy her reviews. Thanks for the kind words about my blog. I’ll add this award to my post from today.
Diary of an Eccentric
You are the awesomest blogging friend ever! 😀 Thank you for the lovely awards and congratulations on your own…they are well-deserved!
Michele at Reader's Respite says
Thank you, Dar!! Back atcha, you know….you’re stuck with me!
Thank you, Dar!! Very pretty!
Congratulstions on your awards! You so deserve it. I love your blog! As you know I got my first award this week! How thrilling! I wanted to thank you for your kind words you left on my blog both about my award and on Dec. 30th. I, too am very glad to have met and become blogging friends with you. Your words meant a lot to me. Congratulations again! 😉
You ARE extra special, Dar! Never forget that – and you deserve every one of those awards!
Have a great weekend!
I just wanted to say thank you again for those who commented after I last answered comments. Thanks for all the lovely comments-you all are making me blush. lol.