Well here we go with another challenge. Katrina over at Callapidder Days has posted the Spring Reading Thing for 2009 and I’m going to join. I think it’s a great challenge because it’s books I have to read anyway so I’m at least more likely to finish it up. It will run from today, March 20 – June 20 and you can check out the details and join here if you’d like. I’m also going to use this post to keep track of what I’ve read by highlighting it in a different color once I’ve posted a review.
So, here’s my list…
- Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center
- Willing Spirits by Phyllis Schieber
- Lady Anne and the Howl in the Dark by Donna Lea Simpson
- Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews
- Still Life by Joy Fielding
- The Lost Hours by Karen White
- The Traitor’s Wife by Susan Higginbotham
- Keeper of Light and Dust by Natasha Mostert
- Scattered Leaves by Richard E. Roach
- Too Hot to Handle by Robin Kaye
- The Rose of Sebastopol by Katharine McMahon
- Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne du Maurier
- The Laws of Harmony by Judith Hendricks
- The Secret Keeper by Paul Harris
- The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire by C. M. Mayo
- Last Night in Montreal by Emily St. John Mandel
- BoneMan’s Daughters by Ted Dekker
- Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland
- The Scent of Oranges by Joan Zawatzky
- Follow Me by Joanna Scott
- The Red Leather Diary by Lily Koppel
- ShapeShifter by Susan Helene Gottfried
- The Moment Between by Nicole Baart
- No One You Know by Michelle Richmond
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
- Sea Changes by Gail Graham
- Mating Rituals of a North American WASP by Lauren Lipton
- Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell
- All the Living by C.E. Morgan
- Best Intentions by Emily Listfield
- In Over Her Head by Judi Fennell
- Secrets to Happiness by Sara Dunn
- The Painter From Shanghai by Jennifer Cody Epstein
That’s it so far. There may be more but these are the one’s I’ve committed myself to others to read so they will have to be completed.
Such a pretty button!
I’m not familiar with any of the authors except for Daphne du Maurier. I haven’t read Frenchman’s Creek, but I loved everything of hers I’ve read. Enjoy your picks, Dar!
Where did you find Last Night in Montreal!? I had been checking Chapters and Amazon since I first heard about it (Jan.?) but it wasn’t available. Of course I’ll look forward to all your reviews but I’ll be keeping an eye out for that one in particular.
Happy Spring reading, Dar!
Nymeth, the button is really pretty. I was thinking that too but of course forgot to mention it.
Thanks Kathy 🙂
Wanda, I’m doing a tour for it. Do you belong to Book Blogs? If you do, it’s through Unbridled Books. The tour is in June.
Quite a list! Go, Dar, Go! 🙂
I’m in this one too. Good luck.
Wow.. Dar.. the list makes me dizzy.. Good luck with the challenge.
I adored No One You Know! Hope you do too 🙂
Thanks a lot—-more titles for my TBR list 🙂 Looking forward to: Still Life too.
This challenge sounds like fun. I just completed the Winter Reading Challenge so why not a spring one? Great list of books!!
Great list, Dar. Happy Spring!
DeSeRt RoSe says
I was just passing by to tell you that you have an award waiting for you here 🙂
Please come and pick it up 😉
What a great looking list! Happy reading. 🙂
Beth F says
Super list — you have some good reading ahead of you!
Hmmm…another challenge! I may have to think about this one. I wanted to let you know that I gave you an award here.
Yikes–long list and I’ve only heard of Deep Dish! Not sure what that says about me. 😛 Have fun with the challenge!!
Erika Lynn says
great list! I am really excited about this challenge.
Linda Jacobs says
Wow, you are so amazing! I have a hard time planning my reading for the next week, never mind the next three months!
You go, girl!
I might get around to reading Deep Dish finally so when we packed up the books I put it aside in my (huge) bag of books I might read before the closing of the house sale goes through.
good luck with the challenge!
I haven’t read any of these, but it looks like a good list with lots of variety. Hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for being part of Spring Reading Thing ’09!
S. Krishna says
I joined this one as well!
I want to read The Secret Keeper.. I hope you enjoy it 🙂
Thanks everyone for stopping by and wishing me luck on The Spring Challenge. I have the feeling I’m going to need it. Either way, my goal is to read what I’ve committed to, but mostly to have fun.