Ok, one more challenge and I think I’m done. Unless something else comes up that I just can’t resist of course. This one is for the Historical Reading Challenge and I can’t turn that down. It runs January 1 – December 31/2010 and if you’d like go check it out and join in here. This challenge is also being hosted by the wonderful ladies over at Royal Reviews.
I’m choosing to read 6 books. If I read more than that it will be a bonus. This is also where I will be keeping track of the books I read.
- Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
- Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
- Our Hart by Lloyd Lofthouse
- The Wives of Henry Oades by Johanna Moran
- The Creation of Eve by Lynn Cullen
- Shadow of the King by Helen Hollick
- Wine of Violence by Priscilla Royal
- The Stolen Crown by Susan Higginbotham
- Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn
- Claude & Camille by Stephanie Cowell
- Sunrise in the West by Edith Pargeter
- The King’s Mistress by Emma Campion
- The Miracles of Prato by Laurie Albanese and Laura Morowitz
- Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell
- Call Me Kate by Molly Roe
- The King’s Daughter by Christie Dickason
Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings says
Good luck for this challenge I'm doig this one too. Love my historical fiction.
Good luck with the challenge. I might do this one too Dar.
Good luck! I've decided to do this one as well!
I enjoy historical fiction so thanks for mentioning this.
My favorite recent historical fiction book is "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philipa Gregory.
Good luck with the challenge.
Linda Jacobs says
You are such a prolific reader! I joined the 100+ challenge this year but found out that I don't read as much as I thought. I'm averaging a little more than a book a week, which is fine. Next year I'll keep track but I'm not going to join any challenges.
Best of luck with yours although I know you won't have any problems!
J.T. Oldfield says
totally not surprised that you're doing this one! 🙂
I joined, too!
this sounds like fun! happy reading 🙂 I might do this one.
Alice Teh says
Have fun with the challenge, Dar!
Good luck on all your challenges. Have fun with them.
Looks like you have some great challenges for the new year. I know a cross over challenge you could try out that Anna and I happen to host.
Check out the War Through the Generations details: http://warthroughthegenerations.wordpress.com/current-challenge-and-sign-up-info-2010/
It would be great to have you!
Gwendolyn B. says
How could I have overlooked signing up for this one? I'll be joining you as soon as I can get it posted. Good luck!