After finding out Buddy was sick in April, many things were put on the backburner and I’m ok with that. It was important to me to spend as much time with him as I could and that’s what I did, essentially just reading when he slept. 2010 is a year better forgotten for me as I miss my little Buddy a lot so I’m just going to wrap things up early and look forward to next year.
My plans for next year are only going to be challenges I set for myself – I feel like trying something different and plus if I don’t succeed then I won’t have to feel as guilty for not meeting all the challenges I join. So far I’m going to set myself up for a Harry Potter Challenge, the Sookie books, the Outlander series and there are a few other series that I have that I plan on challenging myself too. If anyone out there will want to join me that would be awesome.
Here are the challenges that I did succeed at – the only one I didn’t complete fully was the 100+ reading challenge. Here is how I did:
1. 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: I committed myself to reading 12 books and I actually read 16 so yaaaaay! for me. You can see the books I read here.
2. ARC Reading Challenge 2010: I chose to read 25 or more ARCs and I more than exceeded that at reading 69. I knew that this one was challenge I would meet. You can see my list of books read here.
3. Romance Reading Challenge: I committed to reading 5 books and I ended up reading 14 so another challenge met. You can see my reading list here.
4. 2010 Chunkster Challenge: I committed to reading 6 or more chunksters and I read 9. A chunkster is classed as being 450 pages or more but I had a couple of books that were 448 pages and I figure that’s good enough. You can see my list here.
5. Historical Reading Challenge 2010: For this challenge I committed to reading 6 books and ended up reading 16 so another challenge met. You can see my reading list here.
6. E-book Reading Challenge: I knew I would do well on this one and had no worries about meeting my commitment level of 20 eBooks. I ended up reading 35 books and you can see that list here.
7. 100+ Reading Challenge: Well of course this is to read 100 or more books in the year. So far as of December 31 I’m at 87 books. It’s safe to say I will not make 100 this year but there is always next year. You can see my complete list of books read so far here.
And, here are the challenges I did not succeed on at all…
The Tudor Book Challenge
Vietnam War Reading Challenge 2010
Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge
Outlander Reading Challenge 2010
Random Reading Challenge
Sookie Stackhouse Challenge
So, I’m already looking forward to next year and my own reading commitments. So how has everyone else done on their challenges? I really look forward to seeing everyone’s recaps this year.
© 2010, Darlene of Peeking Between the Pages. All Rights Reserved. If you’re reading this on a site other than Peeking Between the Pages or Darlene’s Feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.